Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The First Three Flights

My flights to Chicago and to Los Angeles were both fine and on-time. Unfortunately on the Los Angeles flight there were several loud infants or toddlers just a row or two up from me, but I just turned up my iPod and tuned them out. During that same flight I did get most of a paper written for a graduate class I am working on now (the last one in my gifted and talented license). The paper isn’t due until September, but since I didn’t have anything else to do during the flight, I figured I might as well write it now. (See students, you always complain about my homework assignments, but I have them myself as well!) The five hour flight to Honolulu was fine and on time as well. I am posting this from the Honolulu Airport, before we depart for the Big Island of Hawaii. The picture below is of the Grand Canyon from above at 500 MPH.

8 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how high up were you

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

I think about 37000 feet. How many miles would that be?

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me think a bit. It may take a while, though.

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7.007 miles mom helped me divide it out

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

Nicely done!

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mark, it is my belief that toddlers and babies should be drugged for long flights.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did you reach Chicago?

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Grand Canyon looks like a continent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home