Monday, June 19, 2006

The First Morning in Sydney

I am now up and awake sitting in the hotel lobby working on the school laptop that I brought on this trip. The sun is just now rising here after an Australia loss in the World Cup to Brazil. The locals were up at 3 AM to watch it, but I went to bed. I hope to catch a match in a few days when they play again.

I wanted to say a quick word about the time difference. There is a huge difference because of the International Date Line that we crossed getting here. We are 14 hours ahead of Indiana EST time, so here as I type, it is 5:12 PM on Sunday in Indiana, but it is 7:12 AM on Monday in Sydney, Australia. If you want an easy way to check-out the world time zones, please visit http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Also, I did update another posting below that I couldn't do in the Honolulu airport because of the bad connection, so check it out. It is about our visit at the Shipman House in Hilo.

7 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know you made it to Sydney. We knew your plane had stopped somewhere because we followed you on the website. It has been humid here today. How is the weather there? I love the blog. Glad lots of people are commenting! Check out the kangaroos at the zoo today. Remember you are bringing one home for Aunt Nancy.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love your e-mails and seeing the blog at your folks' house. I wish I had a map of Australia. Can we print one off the internet?

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it to Sydney without getting cranky!

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr.heiden,
tell Fritz sam said cleaning is STUPID. O.K!?!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

Mom: I couldn't get a roo out of the zoo because they were too big and quite hostile to being carried.

Grandma: You can print one off...have Mom do it.

Abby: Who says I didn't get cranky!?!?

Caroline: Let Sam know that Fritz will be looking out for him in 1st grade....

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you did get crancy?! I thought you were a perfect little angel that never got cranky.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! I spelled cranky wrong the first time I put it in the second comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home