Friday, July 14, 2006

Sydney Aquarium

Today it has really begun to set-in that the trip is almost over and I must admit that I am sad about it. We began the day with breakfast and then a debrief session on the trip. After that the day was ours, and I decided to spend the morning at the Sydney Aquarium. Andy and Donna went along and together we explored a wonderful aquarium full of exhibits of beautiful aquatic specimens. They had an especially good exhibit on the Great Barrier Reef that I thoroughly enjoyed. Having visited Shedd in Chicago, The Georgia Aquarium, one in Ibaraki, Japan, and now Sydney, I have been lucky to see some of the best aquariums in the world. Below is a picture of Darling Harbor, near our hotel, with the aquarium just visible in the distance.

PS I added a few underwater photos to my post about snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef.

7 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark! WOW! What a wonderful trip you all experienced!!! I can't thank you enough for sharing your day-to-day experiences!!! Although I had your daily itinerary on hand at all times, it was so much more to read (and see!) all that you were experiencing!! You wouldn't believe all our friends & relatives that followed your trip and got such pleasure out of your pictures and stories! (you even managed to get a picture or two of Laurie, which I thank you for!)
Best of luck in your future travels!
Laurie's mom

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, what is your return flight info? Linda

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to everyone who left comments on the blog! It was such fun to see who all was reading and enjoying the trip! Students, I will bet you get to hear a lot about Australia this year!! Enjoy Abe and John as I don't think a koala or kangaroo is joining your classroom.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got the flight info. I'll be there to pick you up...good news since you are already in the air.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wad up homie

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

Laurie's Mom: I am glad you enjoyed the blog. I enjoyed doing it.

Heather: Both trips were excellent....it's hard to choose a favorite. I'd say, do both!

Meghan: No dice on the kangaroo...I got caught with it in customs.

Austin: Hello. I hope you are having a good summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home