Monday, June 26, 2006

Skiing in Australia

Bridget from Ohio, Mary Ellen from NYC, and I decided to do some skiing today. Bridget is an avid skier and really wanted to ski in Australia. Mary Ellen and I decided to go along. The challenging part is that we had to rent a car and drive the about two hour drive to the mountains and Falls Creek Ski Resort. Bridget drove and we did make it without having any trouble, but it took a lot of concentration to not mess-up while driving. The scenery was absolutely beautiful up on the mountains. Bridget and I went downhill skiing while Mary Ellen did cross country skiing. I fell several times, but I am still proud of my effort. After several hours we drove back home to Albury to have dinner and call it a day. The pictures below are of us before skiing, me on the slopes, and of the drive home on the wrong side of the road.

7 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get the feeling you, Mr. Heiden, would be described as one of the "Adventuresome" Fulbrighters. I hope that is a word. I don't want to confuse all the students on the blog.
By the way, students, I MISS YOUR COMMENTS! Where are you?

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, it's Greg. Just wanted to let you know that when I chowed down on a Victoria's Filet at Outback last night, I thought of you. Here's a question for you: do they have Outback Steakhouse in Australia? It would be quite silly if they did, but you never know.

One more thing...which camera are you using to take the pictures you post on the blog? I'm asking because Angie and I just purchased a Canon ELPH Powershot SD630 this weekend.

Last thing...although it can't compete with Australia, we are going on vacation in late July - a cruise from Tampa-Grand Cayman-Cozumel(MEX)-Costa Maya(MEX)-Belize. It's a 7-day cruise and it should be a good time.

Typed enough - will post again soon.

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just got caught up on your trip. It sounds like you are having a great time! Daniel would like to know what kind of food are you eating. Is it similar to the food we eat back here in the states?

We just took a trip to California for a week. The jet lag coming back to Indianapolis has been killer. We can't imagine what it will be like for you going from Australia to Indy to New York. We hope you can adjust quickly so you can get the most out of your NY trip!!

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

Greg: There are no Outback Steakhouse restaurants in Australia--sort of like there are no Taco Bell restaurants in Mexico (I think).

I have a Sony DSC-W7. I think the Elph was a good choice for a camera also.

That cruise will be a blast--you can use your spanish on it.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

Daniel: I have been eating lots of food because it seems they are always feeding us. Most of it has been very similar to what I would eat in the states with lots of meats. There are some foods that I haven't tried yet like Vegemite, which is going to be tasty!

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Mark Heiden said...

Tiffany: Yes, I am avoiding the Vegemite as long as I can.... But, at some point, I will try it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home